Monday 21 November 2011

Setting up your my own site / blog

A WIP diary of the research, planning & steps to setting up my own site.

Planning: I've written a list of all of the types of articles, subjects that I think I'll create - so that I can then,
  1. Define what the site's objective is
  2. who will be interested in the articles
  3. what functionality I may want to integrate e.g. my flickr account photos, twitter etc.
Resources: A list of site I've used to research/plan - what I'll build my site in, any design resources.
Build - http://wordpress.org/ - Wordpress, an open source resource recommended to me as the best for building your own site.
Hosting - Wordpress self hosted option was recommended to me. Next, find someone who can host it.
Domain name - I haven't chosen that yet, until I fully scope what my site will do/be.
Design - http://themeforest.net/ a useful site recommended to me as a good resource for buying premium Wordpress design templates for only about $30. Apparently the free Wordpress design templates aren't very good.


  
Best places to find good ones:
ALL FILES> Top Authors
ALL FILES> Populare files


Wordpress Themes - sorted by "Most sales" - may also help you see what others are buying


Big Feature -

My Wordpress:

No comments:

Post a Comment